fairy tale candle collection

 It's been a while since I have posted anything. Today I have a very fun little post about the handmade scented fairy tale candles I am making. 

I wanted to make candles for a long time and being suck at home because of the pandemic gave me the perfect opportunity to go ahead and make them. I did a pretty decent amount of research before making them, and let me just say it was well worth the the time. I will share some tips I learned but first I want to show off part of my new fairy tale candle collection that will be available in my online Avabunny Shop on Etsy. 






  I just started pressing my own flowers for my candles. Something I did learn with using flowers is they tend to show up better in just plain white candle wax as pose to colored candles. I used some when I made a red candle and a purple one and the colors of the flowers are bit harder to see in color wax. I did recently learn you can added flowers to the tops of the finished candles with MOD POGE because it not flammable, so that something to keep in mind.  


When coloring candles you don't have to use colored candle chips that are sold online. Instead a cheaper way is to just use crayons. Here I did it with two candles I made a red and a purple. As you can see the flowers are bit harder to see. But I will add some to the top with the MOD PODGE at a later date.  



 And now because this post is part of my perfume blogs lets get to the fragrance oils I used to make the candles! A company I recently discovered called Bramble Berry came out with an entire fairy tale inspired fragrance collection!. The scents are truly amazing!. One of my favorites from the collection was fairy tale rose. They say it isn't a typical take on a rose scent and it really isn't. One of the most noticeable notes I picked up on with in it was gardenia!. There is also plum and raspberry notes. It's also mixed with wood and patchouli and a little vanilla. That is what I loved about this collection, each oil is made up of several different notes just to create one amazing scent.               

Comments

Popular Posts