HagRoot Oils

Can't believe it's been almost two years since I first started my perfume blogs!, but mostly I can't believe it's taken me almost two years to do a review on HagRoot. I have been following HagRoot on Instagram for a while now and have wanted to test out their oils forever!, so a few weeks ago, I finally got around to ordering three sample size ones!. 

                                                            https://hagroot.com/


                        The three I got were Haunted, Moth and Kikimora  


Right off the bat before you even buy them reading about each one is fun and educational on her website. The first one I picked was moth because I just love little white garden and house moths. But I think this fragrance is based on The Luna Moth, which I read on her website that the Luna moths are born without mouths 😮 I never knew that but apparently that is why die after about a week after emerging from their cocoons. 
                                          https://hagroot.com/

The first thing that hit me when I smelled moth was vanilla! and a whole lotta of it! It was great!. later I revisited this scent when I was indoors and then I was able to pickup other notes like the cinnamon, ginger and lavender. there are way more notes in this blend that I haven't mentioned you can the full list out on her website. Overall I love this scent and definitely went on the journey of the Luna moths bitter sweet life cycle, it was conveyed  beautifully in this scent.  

The next one I tested was Kikimora! 
After reading the description for this scent I had to laugh because it sounded like she was describing me. Kikimora is said to be a house spirit. She is small with long hair and chicken feet, who resides in dark areas of the house and is know to deliver misfortune 😅 It's me!  This scent right off the bat smelled like a toy I use to love as a kid. It was this stuff that came in a tube and you put some on the end of a little plastic straw that it came with and you would blow up these bubbles that you could play with.  I use to love them as a kid. 

That bubble blowing toy was literally the first thing that came to mind when I smelled it. It was most likely the frankincense and black cherry in it I was picking up. But wow!, what a great memory this scent transported me back to. Couldn't stop smelling it! 

 The last one was Haunted! This one I think I need to bath in because it's meant to be a reminder to let go of the past and whatever is holding us back like loss, revenge, or perhaps a lost love. You put this on to remind yourself  not to become a living version of a ghost that is earthbound. This one I was initially underwhelmed with but the more I smelled it and applied it, I loved it!  This one was very sweet smelling which I love. I also love the way the sandal wood, Jasmine and vanilla mingle with each other before your hit with a hint of musk. Next on my list to try from HagRoot is Baba Yaga! And I want to try some of her teas!
                                                               
                                                                https://hagroot.com/

   

Comments

Popular Posts