We Are All A Bit Strange So We Need Strange Perfume

We are finally in my favorite month October! 





Today I will talk a little bit about one of my favorite perfume makers For Strange Women .
 I found them a few years ago and have been hooked on their shop since. 



I particularly love their new moon series I've been collecting for over a year. That's where they create a new perfume to celebrate each new moon. I must admit the way they describe the ingredients really creates a story for you to envision. like in one of their perfumes Shinto Shrine they describe the green tea leaves and Hinoki wood tops notes as a quite walk among old growth trees, and  cold river water with hint of cherry blossoms -  

I recently ordered their Witch Mix, it's a Limited Edition Botanical Blend. It's is described as a blend of magical dried botanicals that are blended with essential oils. I was lucky enough to get the first and second  batch they put out, and I have literally been sticking my nose in the bag and inhaling it everyday.  You can simmer water on the stove and add some of the mixture to the top  and it will fill your whole house with the smells.  I tested out the second batch yesterday and found it's not as strong as the first batch. They're both made with different ingredients so are not the same. The second batch was made with  hawthorn leaf, blackberry leaf, lemongrass, honeysuckle flower, eucalyptus leaf, grapefruit peel, red clover, anise seed, and oat straw soaked in essential oils of cardamom and red cedar, extract of tonka, and more. 





You can also use the remaining water in your pot as a room spray. I did try that and I didn't strain the  mixture enough and it blocked up the bottle and wouldn't spray.  I have a picture of me putting the mixture into the bottle below. I thought it would look cute to have some of the mixture floating around in the bottle but it only blocked the spray hole up. So next time I'll strain it all out first. 
I do believe it will make a nice room spray. 




I was able to get a small batch of their Bat Limited Edition Bath Salt yesterday-
The picture below was taken from their website because I don't have a picture in front of me to show you guys. Once again I love the packaging! They made Bat in a perfume form a few years in a row but somehow I've missed getting it each time. The stuff sells out superfast. 

     I was lucky enough to grab this small bath salt yesterday for $7 that I can't wait to try out!.  

I'm going to go grab a coffee now. Next time I might discuss a class I am going to be taking in perfume making- Till then. .


Comments

Popular Posts