More For Strange Women Reviews

      This is definitely my time of year! 

That picture below is a piece I made for the Mabs drawlloween club on Instagram. She does prompts every year for the whole month of October and each day is a different prompt. This one was from 6 black dog. Although my girl is seeing 5 and they are more like hellhounds haha..Maybe she drink too much wine ;)

I love the fall and have a few new and interesting perfumes oils to share with you guys today. I got two new perfume oils from For Strange Women . I have done I believe two reviews on them before but they keep coming up with some amazing smelling stuff. So without further ado I am going to just jump right in!. I bought two bottle from their new moon series that they put out once a month. One was on discount from the summer so I said what the heck and grabbed it. I got DollHouse and Fig &Osmanthus - 



   I'll start  with the one I got on sale Fig & Osmanthus 

 It came in that amazing heart shaped bottle. Those are extremely hard to get!, they sellout usually within minutes of being posted for sale.  This one lingered in the shop since the summer. I would look at it every time I checkout the shop. I'd read 2 reviews on it that made me question if it would be something I would like. Both reviews said they thought it would be sweet and fruity but that it lacked in that department. And one went on to say it smelled like burning leaves. I got it and couldn't wait to try it out!, I was nervous. Down below I posted a picture of the heart shaped bottle attached to a custom Alice In Wonderland Necklace I made last year. 



I found it extremely sweet smelling and with an undertone of green if that makes any sense much like leaves. As for burning leaves??, not sure I got that vibe. when you first smell it if you close your eyes you will feel like your standing in a cozy spiritual shop surround by candles and herbs. It gives off a very witchy vibe. This one was one of my absolute favorites! And the bottle is to die for. The second perfume oil I got was DollHouse - 

Welcome to the Dollhouse!

 I will admit I got this originally because of the name. And couldn't understand why the picture on the box was of a big rose and with what looked like a wooden chair?, on top of it. That was until I smelled it!. Then I understood perfectly and it's story became clear. 

 After I smelled it I went to the website to read the description of it because when I bought it I never read it, lol. I knew right away that it would be something that was going to sellout very quickly because when they announced they were dropping it people were already going nuts over it because of three things. The name, the fact that it is rose scented and well, that fact that it's rose scented!!, lol - 

Now here is part of the description Jill wrote on her website about it. ''when I was born my grandfather built me an elaborate dollhouse, filled with tiny antique furniture sets.'' I understood the tiny chair upon the rose now. but better yet, I could actually smell it. 

When I first smelled it I was reminded of when I use to go to Strand books here in NYC years ago. I once went there looking for a 100 hundred year old book that had the artwork of Arthur Rackham. When I opened the book it smelled like I was transported back in time. That is what this perfume does. 

There is also a beautiful old wooden smell to, it like an attic. And the rose is not so strong it over powers you, but rather creeps in slowly. It reminds me of when I use to go to sung harbor in Staten Island and stick my nose in the big over size roses they had in their rose garden. Ahhh,..good times.

Comments

Popular Posts