Go Smudge Yourself And When You Are Done Go Have A Smoke

Haven't written a blog in a while. I started my perfume blog I believe in January of this year and have only put out a handful of post. But that's all going to change because today I finally got some amazing stuff in the mail to review and most importantly to enjoy!
I found something that isn't actually perfume but it's something that is fragrant. 
smoke wands in the brown paper and three herbal smokes in the tubes 


Smudge wands or smoke wands whatever you like to call them are a bundle of herbs that are bound and tied with a string. The purpose is to ignite them. They are suppose to produce fragrant smoke used for banishing, blessing and some say for lucid dreams.
These two wands are from left to right Gather Thyme and For Strange Women

 I ordered 3 from three different people but only two arrived. Up top you see from left to right one is from Gather Thyme and the other is from For Strange Women. The one from Gather Thyme is a citrus cleaning and is made with white sage, lemon verbena which I can't hear the name and not think about The Little House On The Prairie episode called country girls where Laura tells her ma and pa about miss beadle her teacher and says she smells so good. And she asked her what she wears and miss beadle she replies ''lemon verbena'' 

There is also cedar and lemon and it's tied with a white cotton twine. 

The other one is by For Strange Women and is made with Mugwort

I found that though they look pretty they don't stay lit for very long. In fact the Mugwort wand was the hardest to keep going. Maybe they need to be burned outdoors so you can really light them up. I was doing mine indoors and didn't want my house to burn down.  Once lit the citrus wand smelled really good. It gave off more aroma and stayed lit the longest. 

I also read that you can ignite a charcoal disc and place them in a fire safe bowl and that should create a slow and gradual smoke. I may have to try that because just lighting them didn't work well for me.  Now I also bought three herbal smokes.  
You can see them in picture below-


 Those were very fun and smell amazing when burning.  I only smoked one called Artemis.  They are made with all natural herbs and flowers like Mugwort, lemon balm, white sage, lavender, southern wood, chocolate mint. Although mine was made with different stuff you can see in the picture below-




 I wouldn't smoke them everyday because i'm not a smoker but they were fun to try and the smell kind of remind me of the clove cigarettes from the 80's - only all natural and smell better. 

Comments

Popular Posts