Baba Yaga

I can't even begin to tell you all how excited I was to able to sang the new botanical perfume Baba Yaga! 

As I've mentioned in a previous post For Strange Women does a new moon series of perfumes every month that honors the new moon for that particular month. This month was Baba Yaga!!, I knew right away this was going to be one that would sellout fast. It's based and named after the famous Slavic folklore Baba Yaga.  

Baba Yaga is one of three sisters who dwells deep in the forest in a hut that is said to look as if it is standing on a chicken legs. Baba Yaga may help or hinder those who seek her out. Baba Yaga appears as either a donor ( A donor in fairy tales test the hero and may provided magical assistance)  She may also be seen as a villain, or may be altogether ambiguous.





 Now Lets talk about the perfume!  

The box tells you on the inside everything used to create this magical potion. I felt like it definitely conjured up the smell of the chicken footed hut deep in a forest with it's use of cedarwood and fir. 
 I actually thought I wouldn't like the spicy brew of cinnamon cardamom, and black pepper, I just couldn't imagine how it all would go together. But I absolutely loved it all! It reminded me of the little wicca store in the lower east side I used to go in once in a while as a kid called Magickal Childe. They carried spell books incents, and all kinds of oils. That place always had a enchanting smell to it with all their herbs and oils. 



The bottle itself is very magiacl to look upon. I found myself in awe of it. I just stood there holding it up to the light. Felt like I was holding a magical little potion in my hand. Was my first time buying the bottle because I usually buy the solid oil in the tin. But I think in the future if I buy any others It will be inside the bottle. The only down side that I could find was the scent doesn't last very long, I put it on and it dies down pretty fast. But It just gives me an excuse to put it on some more.





Comments

Popular Posts