More indepth look at some of the zoologist perfumes.







Last year I told you guys I wanted to get the entire collection after I tried a couple of these amazing perfumes. 



Well, I finally did it!. And I am having a blast testing out one a day. I've been reading all the top notes, heart notes, as well as the base notes to the one's I've tried. 

Beaver was surprising better then I thought it would be. It's very sweet smelling which I did not see coming, but I adored! Some of the top notes are a bit strange to me. Like for instance one of the top notes is Air. I paused, and was thinking how does one capture Air as a note. But I can kind of understand and smell it. As it has a light breeziness about it. One of the other top notes is wild vegetation. 

Hearts notes are damp air which I smell. Dry wood, light musk and water. May sound crazy but I kind of pick up the water note. Only because there are other perfumes I've tried that have had the name water in name. Like coolwater for women by Davidoff. This one has that water essence to it. Some of the base notes are heavy musk, dark woods, vanillin, amber, Castoreum and leather. 

I also tried out Macaque which is a type of monkey that lives in groups upon mountain tops. I would say tread lightly with how much of this scent you put on. To me it smells very strong, and then quickly dissipates into a little bit of a sour smell. Even with that hint of sourness to it, I couldn't stop smelling it😂 The top note is cedar, green apple, and red mandarin. I've had perfume with cedar before and to me it can be a bit overwhelming. Not sure what the sourness is- almost like Vinegar. The heart notes are Frankincense, Galbanum, Honey, Rosewood, ylang ylang, Jasmine tea. Base notes are Cedarmoss,  green tea, white oud, musk. 



I tried out Bat which I wanted for a while. The top note has a few things, like Banana, soft fruits, but I really smelled the damp earth the most. I also pickup the base notes which are leather and velvet, but the sandalwood is most prominent at the end and kind of reminds me of a hamster cage once you've cleaned it. 

I think a lot of these could be used by a man as well as a woman. 


Comments

Popular Posts